The Admissions Process and Requirements are as follows:
- New applications are accepted beginning in late January. Registration is open first to returning students and their siblings, then to the public. A $50.00 non-refundable application fee must accompany all student applications.
- Screening/testing of new students is scheduled to begin in February and is ongoing throughout the year.
- Interviews with parents of new students are scheduled with the headmaster.
- The application process for new students is defined fully on the Application for Admission. Please refer to it for guidelines and procedures. In short, the application procedure requires:
- Completed Application for Admission
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable)
- Copies of standardized test scores and report cards from the past 2 years
- Pastor’s reference (returned by pastor)
- Birth certificate
- Signed Parental Contract (back page of Application for Admission)
- Student screening/testing (scheduled with school office)
- Parent interview (scheduled with school office)
- When a new student is accepted, a non-refundable registration fee of $500 is due within two weeks.
- Admission is not considered final until the following items are received:
- Records from child’s previous school
- Health form completed by child’s physician (including immunization records)
- Emergency contact form
- The headmaster will determine final acceptance and grade level placement of students.
- After the interview, and after reviewing all other required materials (as stated on the application form), the headmaster will make the decision whether or not to admit the student(s). Entrance Tests will likely be necessary for a better evaluation for grade placement of the student(s).
- Parents will be notified of the decision regarding acceptance. If accepted, the parents will receive an Acceptance Letter and a Transfer of Records form, if the student attended another school previously.
- Enrollment, and therefore the parents’ financial obligation, is contracted to be for the full school year.
- It is understood that parents agree to support the policies of the School as affirmed in the Parental Contract and School Guidelines on the Application for Admission form and in the Parent-Student Handbook.
- If enrollment for a particular grade is full, a waiting list will be established for that grade.
Though both parents are not required to be Christians, one parent is required to be a Christian. The parents of students in KPS should have a clear understanding of the biblical philosophy and purpose of Kuyper Christian Prep School. This understanding includes a willingness to have their child exposed to the clear teaching (not forced indoctrination) of the school’s Statement of Faith in various and frequent ways within the school’s program.
The parents should be willing to cooperate with all the written policies of Kuyper. This is most important in the area of discipline and schoolwork standards, as well as active communication with the respective teacher(s) and administration.
Family longevity in Kuyper Christian Prep School is a key factor in determining priority in the registration process for Kindergarten. It is less of a factor for grades 1-12.
Kuyper admits students of any race, color, sex, and national or ethnic origin, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs. Kuyper Christian Prep School does reserve the right to select students on the basis of academic performance, religious beliefs and commitment, philosophical compatibility, and willingness to cooperate with the Kuyper Christian Prep School administration and abide by its policies.
For the 2020-21 school year, parents of students already attending Kuyper Christian Prep School will be contacted first and allowed to re-enroll their children by submitting a non-refundable deposit of $500 by February 14, 2020. Application materials will then be made available at the School’s office to parents who seek admission of students new to the School. Interviews with these families are conducted, after which notiﬁcation of each new candidate’s status is made. Families for whom there is an opening also submit the $500 deposit.