The following is the foundation of beliefs on which Kuyper Christian Preparatory School is based. They are also the key elements of Christianity that will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels. The substance of these statements is that which will be considered primary doctrine in Kuyper Christian Preparatory School.
All parents, board members, and staff of Kuyper must subscribe to these foundational principles. Secondary or divisive doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these types of doctrine or issues arise, they will be referred back to the family and local churches for final authority.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God. (II Tim. 3:16)
- We believe that there is one God, creator of all things, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. (Deut. 6:4; Gen. 1:1, I John 5:7)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (John 10:30; Matt. 1:18; Heb. 4:15; John 10:32; Rom. 3:25; Matt. 28:6; Rom. 8:34; Luke 21:27)
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. (John 3:3-8)
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone. (Eph. 2:8)
- We believe that faith without works is dead. (James 2:17)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Gal. 5:16)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of condemnation. (I Thes.4:16,17; II Thes. 1:9)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (John 17:20-23)
Kuyper’s Statement of Doctrinal Faith is fundamental to basic Christian tenets and contains those doctrines to which we unreservedly adhere and teach. It is our desire to maintain this position and to do so in all fairness to each family. In honoring this desire, there shall be no attempt made by parents, students, staff, or school board members to promote or disparage any doctrinal or denominational beliefs, practices, or positions regarding issues upon which the ministry itself has assumed no official stance. We desire to remain united in the salvation and love of Christ, avoiding the dissension that may be caused by denominational distinctives—including but not limited to the following:
- The mode of church government and authority
- The time and mode of Christian baptism
- The relationship between human free will and salvation
- The nature of the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer, including the point at which the Holy Spirit comes into the life of the believer and the gifts of the Holy Spirit
- The interpretation of verses referencing future events (eschatology)
This is not to say that discussion regarding these distinctives is avoided at Kuyper—only that instructors and administrators will not compel a student or parent to believe one way or another, nor will they be so dogmatic as to render another’s opinion of such matters invalid or necessarily unsupported biblically.